Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I survived

I did it! Spring has finally sprung here in Long Island. I survived my first New York winter and that my friends, is worth celebrating. Here are a few survival tips if you are a warmer climate person and ever find yourself in the middle of a snowstorm:
  • Make sure you have antifreeze solution in your windshield wiper fluid. I learned this lesson the hard way.
  • Rubber boots are a MUST. My Hunter boots saved me this season. They won’t keep your toes warm, but they will keep you dry.
  • The correct terminology for light snow is flurries. Not sprinkle snow. Never call it sprinkle snow, or your new coworkers will make fun of you.
  • You can’t wear flip flops 12 months out of the year. I tried. I tried really hard. It’s sad, but your toes will thank you.
Happy Spring! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment